Teams open new hotel and convention center in Arlington – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
A new hotel and convention center is slated to open in Arlington in 2024.
The teams opened on Tuesday Room 888 at the Loews Arlington Hotel and Convention Center. It is expected to cost $ 550 million.
The new hotel will be located opposite the Live! by Loews, built on the former Texas Rangers Lot J parking lot.
“Arlington continues to build on our incredible economic momentum, and today’s grand opening is another exciting example of our commitment to creating jobs and providing world-class amenities to our residents and visitors. Said Arlington Mayor Jim Ross.
The Loews Arlington Hotel and Convention Center will include:
- 888 rooms and suites
- 200,000 square feet of indoor meeting space
- 66,000 square feet of outdoor space, including an oversized event lawn
- Five food and drink outlets, including a three-meal indoor / outdoor restaurant with two wood-fired pizza ovens and homemade pasta made on site and a third-party restaurant soon to be named by a well-known restaurateur
- Parking garage with 1,550 spaces
- Resort-style beach club with two pools, man-made beach, cabanas, fire pits, and a waterslide
- The Arlington Convention Center, also operated by Loews Hotels & Co, will be located in the hotel
The Loews Arlington Hotel and Convention Center will be accessible on Live! by Loews via a Sky Bridge. The two hotels combined will offer nearly 1,200 guest rooms and over 300,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
“The Loews Arlington Hotel and Convention Center will allow us to capitalize on what we do best: combining a unique meeting and event destination with a premier leisure complex,” said Jonathan Tisch, CEO of Loews Hotels & Co.